Moon Hall School, Dorking
Coeducational specialist dyslexia school for 7-11 year olds (approximately 50 pupils)
From September 2019
Responsible to: Headmistress
Hours: Full time, permanent [approximately 60% teaching responsibility to include English, Maths and Science]
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience
• To deputise for the Headmistress in her absence
• To be a member of the SMT, taking a full part in its shared responsibilities
• To oversee the day-to-day management and operation of the school
• To assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the School Development
Plan, identifying priorities and targets for School improvement.
• To support the Headmistress in ensuring continued compliance with ISI regulations and standards as they apply to the School and updating staff and practices accordingly
• To oversee, review and manage annual, or by necessity more frequent, updates to the Staff handbook
• To prepare and upload the School’s documentation for ISI inspection, including the inspectors’ area of the website
• To assist the Headmistress in developing future marketing strategies
• To oversee, and ensure timely production of, the Calendar of Events including the organisation of major school events such as Prize Day
• To work in close cooperation with other members of staff, to ensure that the areas relating to the academic and co-curricular aspects of the school are compliant
Leading and Managing Staff:
• To lead on all aspects relating to pupil achievement in the school (with specific reference to the ISI requirements)
• To assist the Headmistress in managing and developing the staff appraisal and professional development programme in order to deliver the highest standards in teaching and learning
• To assist the Headmistress in the recruitment of staff and lead the induction programme for new staff and supply teachers.
• To oversee the school’s communication network to ensure that accurate information e.g. assessment, recording and reporting is received by all pupils, staff and parents in a timely and efficient manner
• As part of the SMT, ensure that the School website and use of social media is fully utlised to raise the profile and enhance reputation of the School
Lead on pupil achievement through the whole school:
• To be responsible for all arrangements linked to assessment, recording and reporting of pupil progress, including analysis of individual results to inform pupil target setting
• To be the Line Manager for the Heads of Department, to include support and monitoring of subject and curriculum development planning,
• To be responsible with the Headmistress for developing the school timetable
• To develop and modifying the curriculum (including extra-curricular), in coordination with the Headmistress, to meet the specific learning needs of dyslexic pupils, to ensure that all pupils are following a course of learning suitable to their individual needs and abilities, in line with the School’s curriculum and SEND policy
• To support the Headmistress in the monitoring of teaching and learning in the whole school
• To work towards the creation and maintenance of an environment which promotes and secures excellent teaching, effective learning and high standards of personal development
Support pupils’ personal development:
• To fully support the implementation of the school safeguarding policy and act as one of the Deputy DSLs
• To work with the ICT network manager to implement the Safeguarding and E-Safety policy and ensure the safety of all pupils using the school network,
• To support the Headmistress, fulfilling the role of Head of Pastoral, providing an excellent standard of pastoral care within the school including implementation of all relevant policies.
Deadline for applications: 28th March 2019
Please contact: 01306-731464 or [email protected] for further details and an application form.
MHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality of opportunity.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.