Fin O’Regan’s ASC and ADHD workshop – November 2023
10 November, 2023
Museum of Farnham
Overlap between Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC – or autism) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is the norm and not the exception and in this presentation, we will consider a range of techniques and strategies to help children and young persons to support learning, behaviour and socialisation issues.
Areas to be addressed in the session include:
• ASC and ADHD explored and explained
• Girls and Boys and ASC and ADHD
• Introduction of the SF3R learning, behaviour and socialisation support model
• Structure and Flexibility in Learning and Behaviour
• Rapport, Relationships and Resilience in dealing with a range of Communication, Socialisation and Transition issues
• Effective communication with parents and carers of children with ASC and ADHD
• The potential role of medication.
This workshop will be held at the Museum of Farnham – just along the road from our Centre in Farnham.
Fintan O’Regan, BSc, PGCE, MA
Fintan was the headteacher of the Centre Academy from 1996 to 2002, which was the first specialist school in the UK for students between the ages of 7 and 19 specialising in issues related to ADHD, ASC, ODD and PDA.
He is an associate lecturer for Leicester University, Michigan University, the National Association of Special Needs, the Institute of Education, the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre and is a member of the council of CReSTeD and the Special Educational Needs Consortium.
He has written a number of books and published articles and works as trainer and consultant both nationally and internationally with regards to supporting schools, children and families with SEND and behaviour issues.
****Subsidies for lower-income families available. Please email email@example.com for information.****