Our in-service sessions can take the form of a two-hour or half-day (three and a half-hours) or whole-day sessions to suit your requirements. Likewise, we can cater for differing numbers of staff, ranging from a small SEN department to broader staff gatherings. We could also provide a presentation for your parent body.
We can offer one-off sessions and short courses. Areas covered include:
• Definition of dyslexia and the characteristic areas of difficulty (weak phonological
awareness, weak memory, slow speed of processing) plus some additional areas of difficulty
(visual difficulties, organisation and concentration difficulties, lack of automaticity with
• How these areas of difficulty impact reading, writing, spelling and numeracy.
• Benefits of multi-sensory teaching.
• Tips for supporting reading, reading comprehension, writing, spelling in the classroom and
• Using the most appropriate language and resources in the classroom.
• Boosting self esteem and confidence of learners in the classroom.