Teddy Arkell’s Big Walk for Dyslexia
21 May, 2023
Teddy Arkell would love you to join us for this year’s sponsored walk!
We’re thrilled to be part of Farnham Walking Festival this May.
Bring your own Teddy and explore the beautiful Farnham Park.
It’s great fun for all the family – including dogs and bears!
Your furry friend can take a few selfies on the way and then join us for a Teddy Bears Tea back at our Centre in West Street.
Everyone will receive a certificate after the event and there’s also a prize for the most sponsorship raised by a child (under 18).
Any sponsorship you raise will enable us to continue providing our specialist support to children and adults with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
If you are not in a position to get sponsored but would like to make a small donation, please do join us.
- The self-guided route takes us through the pretty market town of Farnham into the historic park with its 600-year-old landscape of avenues, hills, hidden dells and streams.
- The route includes a mixture of flat and hilly sections with panoramic views of Farnham and the surrounding countryside.
- There are different routes to choose from exploring the many footpaths and tracks.
- Some sections are not paved, which could make the route difficult for wheelchair-users or people of limited mobility.
- The walk is suitable for families and dogs with the option to walk for varying distances.
- There is an adventure playground, a toddlers playpark and even a Trim Trail if you feel particularly energetic!
We would love you and your teddy bear friends to walk with us on Sunday 21 May!
Starting and finishing at the Helen Arkell Dyslexia Charity, 24 West Street, Farnham. GU9 7DR.
Allocated start time between 1.30pm and 2.pm.
Costs £5 per person to cover administration costs. Children under 13 and dogs go free!
Suggested minimum sponsorship of £20 per adult, optional for children. There will be a prize for the highest sponsorship achieved by a child (under 18). Download a sponsorship form or set up an online fundraising page.
Family and dog friendly approximately 5km walk from our West Street Centre through Farnham Park, returning to the start point and taking around 2 hours. There is also a suggested shorter route which will take approximately 1 ½ hours.
Tea, coffee and cake at the Centre at the end of the walk.
Please use the town car parks – more details here
If you have any questions, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teddy Arkell and the Helen Arkell team look forward to meeting you!
Join in wherever you are!
If you can’t attend on the day, why not do a ‘virtual’ walk for us and tag us as you share your photos on social media?
Simply decide where you’re going to walk and how far. Register below to let us know you’re taking part then you’re ready to go!