Touch Typing for 6- to 11-year-olds – Easter 2024
8 April, 2024
Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre
Touch typing is such a useful and lifelong skill – especially if handwriting is a struggle. These sessions are a fun and effective way to learn to touch type.
- Introduction to touch typing for ages 6- to 11-year olds (book older children here or there is a mixed age group here)
- Three-day course taught in daily one-and-a-half-hour sessions from Monday 8 to Wednesday 10 April from 9.30 to 11 am
- All students to bring own laptops / iPads with keyboard
- Learners taught position of letters on keyboard using multi-sensory techniques
- Plenty of opportunity for repetition and over learning in these fun interactive sessions
- By end of the three days learners will have learnt all letter keys and progressed to simple punctuation and number keys
- Short homework tasks after each session to consolidate skills
- Sessions should be backed up by regular practice at home to promote automaticity
- Upon completion of the course, learners should have gained a good basic knowledge of keyboard and have a sound foundation on which to build speed and accuracy
‘I think that the course is pretty good because now I’m a lot better at typing than I first was. It is also an effective way of learning.’ (AB)
We have limited funding for subsidised places on this course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
If you have any questions about booking, please email email@example.com
Keep up to date with our courses – sign up to our newsletter!