How to Detect and Manage Dyslexia is an essential reference book for Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators, specialist and non-specialist teachers, parents and all others involved in helping students to overcome dyslexia. The author has taught people with dyslexia for over twenty-five years and is one of the most knowledgeable and highly regarded practitioners in the field. She combines her extensive experience, knowledge of best practice and up-to-date research to answer the questions most frequently asked by all concerned such as:
- What are the warning signs of dyslexia?
- How can we identify and overcome reading, writing and spelling difficulties?
- What are the implications of the Special Needs Code of Practice?
- What provisions do Examination Boards make for students with dyslexia?
- How can information technology help the dyslexic learner?
- What advice can be given to adults and their employers?
Written by Philomena Ott