This introductory volume in the BDA Curriculum series explains the most current research into dyslexia and how it relates to effective classroom practice. It provides:
- A straightforward introduction to dyslexia
- Methods of identification of dyslexia within the classroom context
- Examples of how to deal with dyslexic learners
- Sections on learning styles and thinking skills
- Sections on policy and provision. Whilst the emphasis throughout is on supporting the dyslexic student in the classroom context there are also sections on staff development and a brief introduction to current research into the background of dyslexia.
Written by Lindsay Peer and Gavin Reid